Le Chéile Information

Pamela de Brí


My work incorporates my interest in Irish culture, language and traditions with the changes that are happening in 21st century Ireland.

I am interested in how art fits into society and how artists have used their work to comment on or respond to our changing world both socially and economically. I like art that subverts, that challenges the viewer’s sensibility. I am particularly interested in art that breaks boundaries in a subtle or humourous way, art that critiques the art world itself as well as the values and trends that result from social or political changes.

Tá suim agam sa Ghaeilge agus in oidhreacht na hÉireann. Meabhraíonn mo chuid oibre na hathrúcháin atá ag tarlú in Éirinn faoi láthair, chomh maith le staid na hÉireann san 21ú aois.

Is péintéir agus priontálaí mé ach oibrím freisin i 4d. Is ball mé de VAI, Kildare Artists, den Leinster Printmaking Studio agus den ghrúpa d’ealaíontóirí comhaimseartha ‘10 to 12’.

www.cucuart.com