Le Chéile Information

Tracy Sweeney

I am a creator who begins with deconstruction. My dismantled recordings of everyday surfaces are re-assembled together side-by side, creating an austere surface of colour & texture. The quiet segments within my work allow the mind to rest & wander into the drama & energy of the adjacent surface. Each print retains immediate connection with architectural significance on the surface yet hints at the underlying reality beneath each fragment; time passes, things fall to neglect or damage at the hands of the passer-by.

It equally excites & frustrates me to make a print that becomes ‘real’ in the weightiness of its stains & symbols. It is difficult work to make a print look stark; as if the very least has been done to achieve my artistic vision. The frustration, excitement & challenge are integral to each of my compositions.

www.tracysweeney.com